Energy Transition : Jun 19, 2023
Grimaldi Forum Monaco: over 20 years of environmental awareness
As the Principality strives to become a model of excellence in sustainable development, our partners and friends at the Grimaldi Forum (GFM) are more committed than ever to CSR.
Take a closer look.
1) A quick review of the facts:
• An eco-designed and eco-managed building, the GFM has a centralised technical management system with 20,000 control points, and an on-site waste sorting centre and uses seawater and groundwater as renewable energy.
• Since first being awarded ISO 14001 certification in 2008, energy efficiency has improved by 35%, with 100% green energy now being used
• The waste sorting rate has also increased by 2.5 times, while water consumption per visitor has been reduced by over 2 times.
• As part of Monaco's wide-ranging energy transition plan, 2,500 m2 of photovoltaic panels have been installed on the roof of the GFM in 2019, making it Monaco's first solar power plant
• As a member of the National Energy Transition Pact, the Grimaldi Forum is helping to achieve the country's goal of carbon neutrality by 2050!
2) The main environmental priorities:
• New ISO 14001 certification (the venue, which was one of the first European convention centres to receive ISO 14001 certification in 2008, is already on the way to its sixth certification).
• The carbon footprint of its major exhibition 'Monet in Full Light': the congress and cultural centre will be tracking the greenhouse gas emissions of its annual exhibition. This is the first time that we've been able to assess the impact of our activity on the environment so that we can improve it even further!
• Moving towards its first ISO 20121 certification, to ensure that events held at the Grimaldi Forum are part of a sustainable development approach.
• Long-term remote working, one day a week: the GFM encourages flexibility and supports remote working.
• Developing the fight against food waste (in particular, through its support for the MaConsigne service for GFM employees, who can now benefit from unsold food from the company restaurant!)
Finally, read the interview with our committed National Pact Ambassador, Maureen Aubert, about the energy management measures implemented on-site here.
Hats off to GFM, and above all... thank you!
Their latest newsletter provides details of all their progress...
Find out more here: https://lnkd.in/dTvV4qya